Friday, September 16, 2011

SCRAPdannymansmith

SCRAPdannymansmith




It is hard to find an artist whose work is completely their own. I am excited to share with you my find today, SCRAPdannymansmith , an artist in fiber from Chicago.



I find it so refreshing to paw thru the listings on his etsy site. So much creativity and all unbridled! I especially enjoy his clothing. Most are custom pieces. Some are works he made for himself, then decided to sell. I tend to work this way too, I make the work for myself, then the world benefits from my need to make so much of it.



I have included a pic of his custom coat offerings. Beautiful and individual, each stands on its own as a solid, gut-felt expression. Yet each would be a transformative apparel, something brining the wearer to a new vision, a new place. New, though the journey ends at the wearers deepest core of themselves.



There are a lot of items in his shop, so I recommend using his shop sections to navigate through the items that most attract your fancy. Don’t miss it!




http://www.etsy.com/shop/SCRAPdannymansmith?ref=pr_shop_more

No comments: